WASLA Community aims to be a platform that encourages networking and communication among its members, more precisely young people and adults possessing any nationality who are living in Germany or who are German citizens.
- To be aged 18+
- To be motivated to join WASLA.
- To be a German citizen or to be living in Germany.
- To be active in the social, cultural and/ or political fields (preferable but not necessary).
- To be proficient in one of the working language of WASLA, English, German and/ or Arabic is essential. Knowledge of another language would also be considered as a strong asset.
- To have team spirit and ability to establish and maintain good relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- You have no connection with religious extremism, any form of racism, discrimination or hate speech.
WASLA is committed to achieving geographical representation from Germany and MENA countries, and gender equality within its staff.
Native German speakers are strongly encouraged to join WASLA community. In addition, applications from women are strongly encouraged for senior positions.
The membership decision will be taken by the board of directors every 3 months.
The full membership fee is 60 euro.
There is no membership fee for associate members, honoured members and volunteers.
The individuals who are accepted as full members should transfer the membership fee before the end of April of each year to the following bank account:
Account holder: Arabisch-Deutsches Center für Dialog e. V.
Bank name: Berliner Sparkasse
IBAN: DE28 1005 0000 0190 7306 50
There are 3 types of memberships:
- Full active Member
- Associate Member
- Honored member
- A full active member has the right to attend the General Assembly, to vote and to be a member of the board of directors
- An associate member can participate to our projects and activities from time to time but doesn't have the right to attend the General Assembly or to vote
- An honored member can join international events from time to time but doesn't have the right to attend the General Assembly or to vote. WASLA selects honored members from Germany or other countries like, public figures, activists, culture managers by selection only via WASLA’s partners’ networks.
You will be informed via email. The membership decision will be taken by the board of directors every three months.
You can reapply again after one year. We kindly ask you to update the information regarding your location and motivation for joining WASLA community.
If you applied for the full membership type, you should pay the annual membership fee.
All members will receive a newsletter containing information about new opportunities via email.
If you want to cancel your membership, send your written confirmation via email to email@example.com